Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will he ever learn?

When will he ever learn?

Michael Bay is constantly criticised from fans and critics alike over the TF movies, but at least he's learnt from his experiences, for use with other franchises,.... or not.
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/michael-b...ew-movie-.html

this has been all over Facebook, if he pulls this out of his arse he will be killed by nerds

This angers me. I was actually fine with the changes he made to the Transformers mythology, but somehow this seems totally unacceptable.

Eh,the turtles have hardly been well served by hollywood anyway and the cartoon and archhe comics missed the point of eastman and laird's concept, so what's one more badly judged take?

Plus!no doubt more excellent skids and mudflap humour.can't wait.

Also this is quite possibly some hilarious pre publicity stunt to get people talking about a franchise thats largely forgotten about and in the pop culture dustbin. This i can tell because idw have the comics license.trebles all 'round!

Superhero? No, you were right all along. Name's Death's Head. I kill people for a living!

I think Death's head has got a point
    but they have tried bringing back TMNT so many times its unreal, i think they may be competing with TF's!
    i like how bay said he will have a complicated background story to it, i think i just saw a pig fly out of his arse!
    I think it will flunk like most reboots of TMNT, unless its done well, which it probably wont be
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (u u)
    Obey the bunny!

Even if we accept that there are aliens that co-incidentally look like Turtles, then it's pushing it that there also happens to be a single alien that looks like a rat, and possibly also single rhino and warthog aliens. I'll admit that Rocksteady and Bebop are unlikely for the film, but they need Splinter. They could still have alien baddies, with alien mutagen canisters, but potentially introducing numerous different alien races that look like different human animals, who then decide to fight in back streets and sewers, just seems like too much of a push. It's just a stupid, un-necessary change.

Like with Transformers, you need to keep the aspects that the public are familiar with. With TF, it's Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron and Starsceam; with TMNT, it's the 4 turtles, Shredder and Splinter, and possibly April. Without these, they'll never succeed.

Well I thought the 2007 CGI TMNT film was superb but that had very limited success, so perhaps a ludicrous reboot will conversely do significantly better than deserved.

Is that the one where there's that interminably long sequence on the tower block at the end? and there's lots of jumping around and beams of light and a monumnet and a guy with long hair being all emo?

Just on the alien thing...wasn't one facet of the cartoon that Kang the pink brain thing was some kind of alien from another dimension that sat in big round metal dreadnaught with tank treads on and used a portal to present day Earth to squabble with Shredder...?

If making the turtles alien is the plan, then it will stand and fall on its own mertis. If the execution is good enough, this will all seem very trivial. Mind you, how they'll explain where they got the names of Renaissance masters should be amusing. I suppose I can't be precious about the Turltes because it was f**ked up the arse by turining it into a kids cartoon and toyline in the first place, so its a bit late to be worrying that Michael Bay is somehow going to make it worse when it was hardly Shakespeare to begin with. Most of the cartoon relied on lame jokes and slapstick anyway, so Bay should be right at home.

Superhero? No, you were right all along. Name's Death's Head. I kill people for a living!

Teenage illegal Ninja aliens, Teenage illegal Ninja aliens, aliens on a half shell, alien Power!! Yes I can see this going down well in Mexico and the States....So where's Shredder from then.... Oh and Master Splinter..... Here's a thought Shredder could be after the All Spark and Splinter Vector Sigma...dear oh dear Mr.Bay why does everything you touch or want to touch end up being totally bloody different? Why can't you tell once for how it is...

Mr Bay you're wife is Pregnant, wait let me guess with an alien, that bursts out of Stomach, -errr no, good lets's it like that then!!
    The Autobots will have a new leader in the forthcoming Transformers movie. He can turn in to a bowl of dog food. His name: Winalot Prime.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/mi...-mutant/263306
    One of the actors from the old TMNT movies has now had his say on what Bay is planning to do. What he's saying seems agreeable enough until he starts all that crap about "the rape of childhood memories".

Quote Originally Posted by cyberjam View Post
    but they have tried bringing back TMNT so many times its unreal, i think they may be competing with TF's!
    There have been numerous TF reboots, but it isn't really something that has 'brought back'- the brand has been going continuously since the 80s.

"Is that a Stalagtite?"
    "Stalagtite hold on tight. Stalagmite might poke you in the ass... from below."