Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Reviews and News.

Thumbs up Movie Reviews and News.

I thought we could discuss other films,Movies. As Transformer fans, we obviously like other SCFI Films etc. So why not a Movie Thread. 10 Star Ratings perhaps to help an over view and opinion.

Battleship
    Watched it yesterday, poor very poor. However great effects and 101 Transformers Soundbites in the Film, which obviously makes sense!! The Storyline based on the board Game Batleship proved why the plug was pulled on more Films of this nature. Dire acting and a really bad Storyline, one of the worst in ages imo. There were a few funny scenes it has to be said. Cameo from Liam Nielson, was ok and Rhiana terrible, also to be expected I guess. However the film sunk, was gonna write Stunk but the pun with sunk seems better.

Blaster, gives it a 3 out 10 Stars
    The Autobots will have a new leader in the forthcoming Transformers movie. He can turn in to a bowl of dog food. His name: Winalot Prime.

I noticed from the promotion of this film, Hasbro are sticking their name all over it as they own the boardgame. I didn't think the film would be up to much and your review cements that feeling, but I wonder wahts going on at Hasbro that they want to be so closely tied to any films based on their properties. I wonder if the enormous success of Transformers (and reasonable success of G.I. Joe) have convinced them their future lies in IP and exploiting their properties any which way.

I finally got around to watching Captain America and thought it was great, if a bit long. The most distatracting thing was the weird way Chris Evans was filmed when he was weedy Steve. It reminded me of low budget trickery employed on Little Britain when David Walliams plays Dennis Waterman.

I also watched the Fright Night remake last night. I enjoyed this enormously for a film that I wasn't expecting much from. The ginger from Star Trek is a capable lead and Christopher Mintz-Plasse shows up to further distance himself from McLovin' (still has some way to go, poor kid. that role is going to haunt him forever). Colin Farrell is Colin Farrell and doesn't do much other than the role requires of him (glowering and veiled threats) and Toni Colette is wasted in the minor role of mom. David Tennant is awesome in this though. He steals every scene he's in and is clearly having a ball. I haven't seen the original FN, but this stood up well as a cheery horror-comedy. Good fun, all in all.

Superhero? No, you were right all along. Name's Death's Head. I kill people for a living!

I dont know about that film i thought it wasnt as bad as you are putting it

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
    I noticed from the promotion of this film, Hasbro are sticking their name all over it as they own the boardgame. I didn't think the film would be up to much and your review cements that feeling, but I wonder wahts going on at Hasbro that they want to be so closely tied to any films based on their properties. I wonder if the enormous success of Transformers (and reasonable success of G.I. Joe) have convinced them their future lies in IP and exploiting their properties any which way.

I finally got around to watching Captain America and thought it was great, if a bit long. The most distatracting thing was the weird way Chris Evans was filmed when he was weedy Steve. It reminded me of low budget trickery employed on Little Britain when David Walliams plays Dennis Waterman.

I also watched the Fright Night remake last night. I enjoyed this enormously for a film that I wasn't expecting much from. The ginger from Star Trek is a capable lead and Christopher Mintz-Plasse shows up to further distance himself from McLovin' (still has some way to go, poor kid. that role is going to haunt him forever). Colin Farrell is Colin Farrell and doesn't do much other than the role requires of him (glowering and veiled threats) and Toni Colette is wasted in the minor role of mom. David Tennant is awesome in this though. He steals every scene he's in and is clearly having a ball. I haven't seen the original FN, but this stood up well as a cheery horror-comedy. Good fun, all in all.
    Seeing is believing Fella. As for Hasbro they must be pretty happy with their Battleship film,lol.

Have not gotten round to Captain America, will do this week so I'm up to date for the Avengers, which truth be told I can't wait to see. I watched a trailer with Josh Wheedon, he seemed hyped about it, and I must say enjoy his work, Firefly still a masterpeice for me.

Fright night, is on the to do list....just not at the top end, cheers for the report and heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    I dont know about that film i thought it wasnt as bad as you are putting it
    As a German it pains me to say this: English please! Actually it does not, it's not much of a reply bit like told you, so there I assume you meant you were not aware of the films origins and why it was called Battleship? And I gather you enjoyed it? ermmmm....

any who, if you fancy a read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_%28film%29
    The Autobots will have a new leader in the forthcoming Transformers movie. He can turn in to a bowl of dog food. His name: Winalot Prime.

Fright Night was good but the original wasn't the greatest movie on Earth tbf.

as for Christopher Mintz-Plasse, if you haven't already watch kick-ass

it seemed better than the tf it was ok and i did know know about the plot from wikipedia before i went to see the movie a couple of days ago and the fatc that the japenese man was saying B2 or something like that gave it away a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Casperuk View Post
    Fright Night was good but the original wasn't the greatest movie on Earth tbf.

as for Christopher Mintz-Plasse, if you haven't already watch kick-ass
    it was eons ago when I watched Fright Night, the original. The Wife is more of an Horror freak than me tbh. Remakes are always hard to do, IF they were classics. Halloween was a great Movie *still is* however the Remakes from Rob Zombie were ok, but nothing compared to the original. I'll have to look out for the Fright Night Remake, no point commenting on something I have not seen.

it seemed better than the tf it was ok and i did know know about the plot from wikipedia before i went to see the movie a couple of days ago and the fatc that the japenese man was saying B2 or something like that gave it away a bit
    Right.... I'm just gonna wade in here. A bit better, Storywise or effects? As for the whole attack scene in Battleship, I personally think that would have been the way to go for the Decepticons in TF precise and deadly, something you would expect from Aliens who are light years in front technology wise, and from Aliens who have a God like complex. This was a terrible and epic fail in Transformers. As for this one Film being better than Transformers 1,2 or 3 hard to say, as any one who knows me knows how I feel about the writing and storyline been well crap for the TF's. TBH Battleship was just ****, CGI effects 100% Storyline 100% crap and the like of Rhiana being in it (the reasons for that were obvious) and an Epic fail for me, but i'm quite sure one or two teenies got an under the sheets kick out of it. The B1- B2 Boyas trick was cleverly sewn in however over done. All in all a waste of good Cinema money, big thanks to my mate, like the Donkey and the Carrot he hung me the promise of a Beer afterwards well and proper up front (that part I enjoyed)
    Last edited by Blaster; 16-04-12 at 08:16 AM. Reason: btw it's a Sticky, Thanks good to see.

i dont actually know why they choose rihanna to do it maybe just people know her
    what do you think of the hunger games

i dont actually know why they choose rihanna to do it maybe just people know her
    what do you think of the hunger games
    She was a star statistic, to help sell the film I assume, she tried to be some kind of Hardcore soldier made me laugh, as the Boat was hit by Enemy fire and waves she held onto her gun with one hand and posed...ridiculous. Enough said about her.

Hunger Games, not seen it, don't know Sorry.

Well I have wrapped everything up for the up and coming Avengers Film. Watched Hulk 2 and Ironman 2 (again) Thor and Captain America (keeping in mind Ironman and the Captain America Shield teaser)

Up to date and really looking forward to the Film, any one else physiced up for The Avengers or just me?

Also watched The Spiderman Trailer, anyone thinking, but it's been done or thinking this looks possibly better?