Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming

Probably the best administrator in the world SirLagerlot's Avatar
    Its the company annual bonus. Paid out at 13% of my salary as we had a good year, after tax I had close to 3,000.

Spent it on a new laptop, paying off a big chunk of credit card debt, a holiday, gave some to the missus for bills, some in my daughters savings, some in my savings, that kinda thing.

Jumpstarter
    That's a nice bonus. Nice that you are putting money away for your daughter too. I have a feeling the younger generations are going to need a bit more assistance in the years to come.

I recently got a golden handshake of just under 3,500. Went into that interview with the upper hand so I decided to see how much I'd get. Basic salary is just a smidge over 4000 above what my competitors (ahem, friends) are getting.

Halifax decided to block my transactions temporarily because of 'suspicious activity'. It was me going nuts on the PlayStation Store and buying a ton of other random stuff.

So now I get about 2.5 months off and am effectively getting paid to sit around, eat BBQ food and game away. Good summer.

Anyone been to Edinburgh? I'm thinking of heading up there to have a look around for a week or so.

Mini-Con
    Anyone got suggestions for a good Xbox RPG? I've played Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 & NV, and dabbled with Borderlands, are there any others worth looking at?

Jumpstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Anyone got suggestions for a good Xbox RPG? I've played Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 & NV, and dabbled with Borderlands, are there any others worth looking at?
    Witcher 2 is out in 13 days. It is an enhanced edition with content that isn't on the PC version. Other than that, Fable is okay. Your list seems weighted heavily towards WRPG's, but there are a few under-appreciated JRPG's for the system.

anyone else on Star Wars The Old Republic? got it a couple of weeks ago, awesome game loving it at the mo

lucky ****ers the pair of you

Luck had nothing to do with it son. I've earned that!

(Got none left now though! Though I'm tempted to raid what I put into my savings to pick up a Vita)

i am wating to get a vita too. found it for 180 on ebay's zavvi outlet but it goes up and down in price too much from 180 to 199

Sainsburys have them for 199, including a game at the moment. Decided to wait though, theres just not enough games for it at the moment.

I'm going on holiday next month, I may pick on up for that - but I need to buy a new car seat for Chloe first and a new pram. Bah :-(

i have a pram if you want it