Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Michael Bay almost destroyed this franchise waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Theres only one bad boy in this Thread ;-) As for your opinions their good enough for me, now don't go all Whitney Houston memorial on me, just an honest opinion.
    The Autobots will have a new leader in the forthcoming Transformers movie. He can turn in to a bowl of dog food. His name: Winalot Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwing View Post
    But Deadcal, that was the music of our generation, hair metal! To those of us who grew up with TF at that time, those songs inspire.
    Wha? I just said I liked the Linkin Park track

The music in the '86 film was never good. It was awful. It was just awesome awful. You can't not want to make sweet, sweet love to it. The Bay films could've benefited by something like that. He could pretend he was making a big-budget parody/exploitation film.

In jest lol. The touch could be a love song. Kidding.

The music was never intended to be make out music. It was a kids cartoon.

He made a good movie. Relevant for the time,but both were a commercial to sell toys. The first I agree more than the trilogy.

Still if I was given a chance I would I would watch the cartoon. Call me old school.

And deadcal relax, I never said you didn't. Calm down lol

In jest "Instruments of destruction" could have been a better Quote and reason for George W. Bush and Romsfeld.

Music- Soundtrack in 86 was just what it was 80 music, add to that very fitting. Perfect match.
    The Autobots will have a new leader in the forthcoming Transformers movie. He can turn in to a bowl of dog food. His name: Winalot Prime.

cjxicerain
    I just required some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each page that came on first page and didnít got any relevant result then I thought to check out the second one and got your blog. This is what I wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by cjxicerain View Post
    I just required some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each page that came on first page and didn’t got any relevant result then I thought to check out the second one and got your blog. This is what I wanted!
    Wha?

Anyway... The more you listen to the actual words of The Touch and Dare, the more they sound like they are about Championship Boxers. I go La La La and try to ignore that part of my brain when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
    The '80s cartoon is trash. There's half a dozen decent episodes surrounded by crap. It was made for a pittance, used the quickest and cheapest animation studios and was written on the fly. It has very little too it other than to act as additional advertsing. In that, its not unusual from other cartoons with toy tie-ins made during the 1980s, but Transformers is perhaps the only one made with so little care and effort, even compared to G.I.Joe, itself not a shining example of quality, which was made by the same production house. Compare contemporaries He-Man, M.A.S.K, Thundercats and Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors, not mention Visionaries and Centurions. They might not be Shakespeare, but they are made with more of a sense of themselves than Transformers ever was.
    Here is something I learnt recently Filmation were given more leeway by Mattel when doing MOTU in fact they said we want to do the cartoon as we see fit and were adamant it wasn't to be used as a toy commercial. Hasbro back then dictated to Marvel and Sunbow what they wanted to see in both comics and on-screen so they were more like toy commercials.