Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MTMTE's thread

Been busy whole week.Still waiting to get my sets of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
    'Witwicky Sparkplugs;, 'We R 84' and 'Lithonian Drivetrain' slapped all over the toys 'cos some moronic fanboy toy designer thinks its kewl...
    My brain is asking what those things are.

If I remember correctly, the first 2 were on Alternators Smokescreen. Not sure about the other one.

Wasn't "Witwicky Sparkplugs" on Classics Mirage?
    There is no I in TEAM... but there is ME

WE R 84 is on classics Sunstreaker, Lithonian Drive Train and Witwicky Sparkplugs both on Classics Mirage. Alt Smokescreen used actual real life sponsor decals, in line with the real life racing livery of the team the scheme was based on.

...i should get out more. although not if i have another night like on saturday

Superhero? No, you were right all along. Name's Death's Head. I kill people for a living!

I was close.

Back on topic, I finally read #2 this morning, along with RID 1 and 2. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and prefer it to RID. The contrast of styles between the 2 titles is a bit jarring, but I think they both work quite well in their own right. Despite Roche only drawing the first issue, Milne has maintained the designs successfully, although he usually has a more rigid, less stylistic technique. The characters actually have character, and aren't just line deliverers. In summary, it's good.

RID suffers slightly from the erratic pacing from previous story arcs. Issue 1 had Prowl talking to someone lurking in the shadows. Issue 2 revealed who it was. No real anticipation build up, just a reveal. I can't see where the story is going, which is a good thing. I can't remember much else. That's the problem with reading just before bed.
    Last edited by dannyannimus; 01-03-12 at 04:29 PM.

Read MTMTE 3 and Autocracy 5 today, both fantastic. I'm pretty much as happy with TF comics as I can be at the moment.

I concur.

Administrator and King Duh_Prez's Avatar
    I have read all three issues which have been released so far. This is going to end up my favourite TF comic series. Very impressed.

You can now buy tickets for Auto Assembly 2013 at www.autoassembly.org.uk That's what the cool kids do.

Up until now I've thought the TF comics writing was OK overall. Mr Roberts recent work has made me realise how stale it has been.

Therefore, under the laws of stupid, he will soon be fired and we'll be back to the same old rubbish.